Thursday, August 10, 2006

remind me not to do that again by abby

i could not peel myself from bed this morning. so, i thought i would just go the gym and do my 5 miles on the treadmill at lunch. but as i was pulling into the gym parking lot, i was overcome with a sudden loathing for the treadmill. so i said to myself, well, 5 on the treadmill in the a/c, or 5 on the road right now, in the heat and sun and wind. you choose.

i am dumb, so i chose #2. yeesh, it was hot. and gross. i managed to knock the thing out in 50:40, and then, because i am prone to hyperbole, i was pretty convinced i was going to die. i staggered in the house and downed an entire 1000ml nalgene full of water. i whined to the dogs and i whined to the cats and finally i got in the shower where i whined some more about the heat the heat the heat.

like i didn't choose it? dumb.

treadmill, you are my new best friend on the days i can't wake up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home