Friday, August 04, 2006

DANG, g! by abby

grimes, i am 100% scared of you if you can do all that bootcamp junk you wrote up.

*whimper*

today i did homemade bootcamp, lite, sort of. basically i didn't want to kick my butt too hard before an 8-mile run sunday, but i did want to kick my butt some. so here is what i did:

.5 mile warm-up run including the stairs in my house x 3 (including tripping over dogs x 3)
toe walk, heel walk, butt kick, running butt kick for 20 yards each (ah, memories of track and x-country workouts)
rowboat x 15
firehydrant x 15/leg
burpee x 10 (could not manage 15)
leap frog x 10 (5 forward, 5 back)
plank x 30seconds (one minute laughed at me so hard)
side plank x 30seconds (those seems kinder to me)
superman x 1 minute
pushups x 10
then i did a ~3-minute run and repeated everything starting with the toe walks.

i did this 4 times, and ended with the 3-minute run and 100 crunches and stretching. so, in total: 1.7 miles, 60 rowboats, 60 fire hydrants/leg, 40 burpees, 40 leapfrogs, 4 30-sec planks, 4 30-sec side plank/side, 4 60-sec supermen, 40 pushups, 100 crunches. it took 40 minutes and my heart rate stayed up for the whole time. i found burpees, leapfrogs and planks the hardest, planks the x-tra hardest. i like the burpees and leapfrogs. it took awhile to get my balance and i tumped over a few times in the first set, laughing at myself the whole time. and then once i got up to 8, the last 2 were h-a-r-d.

let's just say that i thought my core was in pretty good shape. clearly, though, my core is just a fleshy pole to which my arms and legs and head attach. so, this was a great workout, and i plan to incorporate it into the rest of my training, so that i do it once or twice a week, maybe on bike days, when i can still get the bike in in the afternoon. i am also going to resume a medicine ball workout that i used to do a few years back. right now i'm not that sore, though i suspect i will be in a few hours. i think i won't be too sore though, just a little, just enough to remind me that i have muscles i haven't been using. which is always a good thing, i s'pose.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home