Sunday, July 30, 2006

th-su by abby

where i'm at is tired of complaining about this heat. but i'm mad about it. i didn't move here to be hot All The Time. whatevs.

anyway:
TH i did the same 4.5 mile run as tues, with one mile of gravel. i felt great, way better than on tues. but i did the run in the same amount of time, just under 45 minutes. so at least i'm being consisent, whether i feel great or not.

FR i burned up and threw a temper tantrum and finally found reprieve at about 8,000 feet in a mountain stream too cold to stand in.

SA i hopped on my road bike for a 20-miler, which will probably be the 20-miler i run in december. i love my road bike. this running stuff is okay, but i'd rather ride my bike any day.

SU i was out on the road before 6 am for the 7 miles. it was nice. i felt great and got to see the sun rise and everything. i am running pretty much dead-on 10-minute miles; my time today was 1:11. i meant to wear my watch so i could clock my splits, but i forgot. so hopefully i'll remember that next week. i'm about 3 weeks ahead in training since my half marathon's not till 9/24, so i'm looking at the half schedule and the full schedule and trying to figure out what to do. i think i may just work my way up to 13 by the first week in september and move forward with the marathon training. that way the half can just be a training run.

gerlinda -- what distance will you be at the last weekend in september? maybe we can get a run or two in together while i'm out there ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home