Monday, July 10, 2006

paddle, pedal by abby

there is this event in jackson, wy, called the pole pedal paddle. i can remember going as a kid and watching people my parents knew. it's something i'd like to do someday, though i am going to have to conquer the paddle part first. anyway, sunday was a paddle day. it was supposed to be a long run, but since i did the run on saturday instead, i planned a bike for sunday. and then ... well, the river called. so instead i spent the day floating the yellowstone with about 15 other people and a total of 5 boats. the river's slowed down a lot in the last few weeks. in late june, it took about 3 hours to go from grey owl to mallard's rest. yesterday it took more like 5 hours. it didn't seem like i was doing much work, but today my core is sore, and my left tricep, from ruddering i guess. i feel myself getting addicted to this paddling business. i am basically ready to quit my job and just become a river rat. and i have giant mosquito bite on my forehead. lovely.


this morning i got up early and did a 50-minute hilly road bike ride since yesterday was basically rest. i should be back on schedule for the rest of the week. it's a little early for my half-marathon schedule, but i think i will go ahead and up to 6 miles for the long run this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home