Friday, December 22, 2006

winding down - gerlinda

i have nothing much to report.
my running has been challenging - mentally. i went to a toys for tots bootcamp funraiser on the 16th (after a pathetic week of running around doing errands, but no actual running.) then friends & i went on a short run afterwards. i intended to run 12 miles the following day, but woke up so sore from bootcamp i could hardly move!

still, shaking things up a bit seems to have helped my mental outlook. starting on the 19th, i joined this program called CrossFit with the bootcamp instructors (which, i'm supposed to become one of them starting in february!!) it's short bursts of intense activity - totally the opposite fitness program than endurance training. i ran monday, tuesday & thursday this week - just short little runs of no more than 3 miles each, and i did CrossFit on tuesday & thursday.

I'm going to try one last long run this weekend. I'll call it my "Christmas Eve Challenge!" I hope to do 14-16 miles. I hope i can bang it out and feel good, like i did with my last 16-18 milers. for some reason, ever since the horrible 20 mile run, i just feel deflated. and running has been difficult. even to go 2-3 miles at a 9:13 pace (which a few short weeks ago felt easily manageable, if not effortless), feels difficult. it's harder physically. and its really hard mentally. i'm not sure what's going on with me, whether its because i'm out of shape from not following the schedule strictly enough these past couple of weeks, or whether i've just got some sort of mental block.

abby has already given my a kick in the pants, so everyone else - just wish me luck!

g.

ps-abby our PanCAN shirts arrived! they're white singlets with purple side panels made of 100% polyester...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home