Monday, December 11, 2006

back on track i suppose - gerlinda

I ran 5 miles @ the gym last friday, and then 14 on the silver comet trail saturday, so i am back on track, i suppose!

The 14 miler felt pretty good, although i'm still battling a bit of mental sluggishness: the annoying voice in my head that goes this is stupid! i'm tired! whine! But, proper nutrition & rest seems to help with that, as does changing up the music on my iPod, or looking up from the ground and actively trying to find something to Behold! along the way, or any number of other mental tricks i am slowly developing.

This week, my schedule looks pretty tough:5-10-5-20. I'm still anxious about my knees & contemplating trying some Ace knee braces. But, i was telling a friend about my first 5K @ Disney World Marathon Weekend last january, where i ran the race in something like 44 minutes & felt so amazingly proud of myself for running the whole way, with no walk breaks. Now, not even a year later, my PR in the 5K is 27:13, and running 14 miles last weekend seemed easy in comparison with the 20 or 22 miles i'll do this weekend... My friend was, like, all jaw-droppingly telling me i should be so proud of myself. And maybe she's right. Maybe i should be.

hmmm. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home