Monday, November 20, 2006

16+ in which i hallucinate death & ospreys -- by abby

well. on saturday, i ran from my house to the conoco in manhattan (15+) and then turned around and ran back until my ride showed up. actually, i waved my ride on to the next mile marker. so it was 16-ish let's say 16.5 just for fun. time was 2:32. i don't know what that equals in min per mi.

it was a crappy run. my 4-miler thursday was so crappy that i made it a 3-miler, and the weight workout sucked that day too. i dunno if i was fighting something off or didn't eat right or what. it's too much working -- that's what it is.

i spent the first half of the run saturday trying to stay warm. there is this tricky cold here where it's warm when the sun's out even if it's only 15 degrees, but as soon as a cloud comes by or any wind comes up, then it's cold. so it's difficult to dress properly. my hands were cold. and then they were hot. and then they were cold again. and then there was a rock in my shoe. and then the cable going from my ipod to my headphones was all wonked and basically Everything Was Annoying. this makes for a very crabby abby, emphasis on the very. and then my hands were hot/cold/hot again again again.

plus, i'd cleaned out the bladder of my camelback with a bleach/water mix because it was getting all mungy, and even though i rinsed rinsed rinsed it and rinsed it again, i was totally paranoid that i was ingesting bleach the entire run, and therefore slowly dying from the inside. i had my histrionic collapse all played out in my head .... me, staggering and gagging until i'm an orange lump on the side of the road, barfing up black junk a la madame bovary only in tights instead of all those hoops and whatnot, all balled up and dead out on a country road with no one to find me for hours and hours. what is WRONG with me? honestly.

also, i hallucinated two ospreys onto a phone pole around mile 13. i thought "no way" and then "way" and then "No Way" and then "WAY!" and then ... oh. it's just black knobs and white things and wires and Whatever. (in my defense, i hallucinated the same ospreys onto the same phone pole in a car ride the next morning, so obvs there's something going on there ... some osprey raptor hawk trick ju-ju thing.)

anyway. i'm looking forward to a step-back week. i've taken the rest of the week off *real* work because this morning i lost all ability to deal. except, there's still this gianormous freelance project. ah. so back to proofing that ...






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home