Friday, November 03, 2006

------- squared - by gerlinda

this week sux....

my busy life has finally overtaken me; i officially do not have enough time. abby & i emailed yesterday & she said running is her refuge, the one thing she puts above everything else, the one thing she always makes time for. she even said she does longer-than-scheduled mid-week runs just to have more of that quiet space for herself.

er. not me.
i ran my required 3 miles at the gym on tuesday. wedensday, i was supposed to run 7 miles but i only managed 45 minutes after work through the beautiful emory campus before night descended...its not that i couldn't have continued in the dark, but (whinewhinewhine) i didn't wanna! yesterday, i had 1,000 errands to do after work & didn't get my booty up to run before work and thus, didn't run at all. today may well be the same...

i could try and blame it on daylights savings time - but abby is proof that you make time for the things that are important. this marathon is important to me. but the truth is, i get sick of running sometimes. i'd like to just sit and read a book, you know? so - i need to give myself a swift kick in the ass and get back on track next week. my long run this weekend is going to be crammed into the early morning hours of saturday, before i have to hop in the car and head to a friend's cabin for the weekend... it's "only a 10-miler" but still - - -

i need an attitude adjustment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home