Tuesday, October 10, 2006

new route, geeky photo -- by abby

i have a hard time taking days off. it makes me feel lazy. so yesterday i did a group cycling class at the gym. i haven't done one of those in a while ... it's a decent workout, that. not like riding on the road, but still, alright. i like that i can sort of go easy. it's dark until like 7 now, so i can't really get my runs in before work. so today i went to the gym at lunch and just ran outside for about 20 minutes and then ran back. i discovered this nice, quiet little road called flanders mill. it follows this little creek and then goes over to a new subdivision off baxter, but the streets are so new that they aren't even on favoriterun.com yet. so i know it was at least 4.2 because that's where the map ends, and i think more like 4.4 miles. my watch said 40:48 or something like that. i have to quit running this fast. i felt pretty good, though it was a bit of an effort.

anyway. and here's my geeky half-mary solo finish photo. i had to wear my number on my leg because it was 25 degrees at the start and 55 degrees at the finish and that meant shedding clothes during ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home