Monday, October 09, 2006

10 and Woah! - gerlinda

Abby - it's funny you mention the Atlanta Half b/c i think we've got quite a crew brewing for that one... For one thing, I think PanCan is going to run it, with an "official" running team - which means our entry fees and whatnot (maybe even your travel expenses) would be covered (i think) in exchange for us raising a certain amount of money or something. I'll have to check into that. Plus, I know Gina's thinking about doing it. And I've got several friends contemplating it...

I skipped the 5 miler I was supposed to do on Saturday and plunged forth with the 10 instead. I went up to the silver comet trail. i dunno if it was the beautiful, flat, shady trail...the gorgeous early autumn weather...or maybe the new music on my iPod.... but i ran the 10 miles in 1:33:07, which is a 9:18 pace, which is just CRAZY FAST for me. actually, abby, if your "10 miler" is technically 10.4 - you probably ran the same pace. I'm still thinking there must have been some sort of snafu with the mile markers. I don't see how it's possible for me to suddenly run that fast, when my half marathon pace (a mere month ago) was 10:54. ??? i guess time will tell.

Today's a stretch/strengthen day, but I think I'm going to try to do the 5 miles I skipped. I was too sore yesterday, but I feel good today. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home