Monday, September 25, 2006

Woah! You're FAST Abby!! -gerlinda

WAY TO GO on the half mary!!!! that is so, so, so awesome!! You must feel really good about yourself!!!!!! and such a challenging course, too! I bet you could've broken 2 hours on the flat va. beach course! Wow. I'm very stoked for you!!!

me? not so much. i was good about my runs last week...i ran more miles than i had to, generally. until yesterday's 8-miler. i dunno. it was hot and really muggy. they had been calling for rain, and i'd expected overcast skies ... but no. anyway, i flaked out at the halfway point for no reason other than i couldn't get my mental game on. i ran a hard 4 miles at a 10-minute pace, and maybe that's why i found myself unable to resist the temptation to stop. "after all," said the devil, "your schedule calls for a step back week, you're only doing 8 because you decided to..." and that was the end of that. ah! gotta work on that mental toughness!

i'm gonna need it, becase this week is going to be hard! great! but way too busy - and fitting in quality runs will be a bit of a logistics nightmare, requiring early mornings and such... but i'll do it! and i get to run this weekend's 9-miler with Abby The Speedster, so at least i'll have the company of her backside, as she leaves me in the dust! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home