Wednesday, October 18, 2006

mid-week by abby

i have been slightly *off* all week ... or, as my grandmother would say, "half a bubble off plumb." speaking of my grandmother, it was the cutest/funniest thing ever when she called me to ask me to walk her through sponsoring us on the firstgiving.com site. grandma rosie is ever-so-slightly web literate, which is actually pretty decent for a 76-year-old. she has email and everything. so she called me and i was walking her through and she'd say, "ok, hold on," and put the phone down. and then i could hear her talking to herself going "ok, enter name, okay rose ann edwards, okay there's that, okay address, okay ...." etc etc etc for every blank. then she'd pick up the phone and say "ok. i did that. i'm sorry that took so long sweetie, it's dark in here." me: "well turn on the light." grandma: "oh ... ok. hold on." puts phone down. shuffles to light, talking to herself. then: "ok. well. that's better. i should've done that 15 minutes ago." so it went like that for 20 minutes or so. my grandma is the awesomest :)

as for training, i'm on schedule. yesterday i did a fast 4 on the treadmill and then worked out with a trainer for 45 minutes. he's a distance runner, and he had some good tips. like he said since i'm not doing any real speed work, i should do striders on 6-8 reps during one of my week runs. so i did that today. which is basically fartlek .... i did approx. 100 m (i just pick phone poles) sprints with full walking recovery 6 times during the middle of the run. and i hated those, but whatever, it does break up the run. anyway, i wanted to change up my weight workout for the T-TH short runs, so he helped me come up with some stability ball and medicine ball stuff and weight stuff that will keep things interesting. and there ya have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home