Saturday, October 14, 2006

goth 7 by abby

see, friday i dyed my hair black. and then this morning the only clean running clothes i could find were a pair of black tights and the black long-sleeved shirt we got for the lewis&clark half, which is actually a really nice workout shirt. i hit the cold road around 8am and it took about a mile and a half for me to really warm up. a few cyclists (BURR!!!) in bright clothes passed me and i suddenly felt very goth, dressed all in black and the distillers raging through my headphones. awesome.

anyway, it was a good run. it was a true 7-mile course and my time was 1:05 something. (my regular running watch needs a battery and my heart-rate monitor watch doesn't count seconds.) oh, and i dunno what was wrong with the half photo. i think i fixed it? (yours is great btw -- you look happy and confident and strong. i look like i'm ready for the dang thing to be over!)

i had a decent week -- 4.4-5.4-3.4 for T-W-TH, friday off (much-needed; as much as i say it makes me feel lazy ... that's the wrong word ... maybe more like lethargic, like i *should* have done something. but off days are important and i need to learn to make myself take them as scheduled). i'm kind of nervous about the 12 and 13 coming up the next couple of weeks, but i reckon i'll be okay ... now i gotta find something to eat. something hot; i'm freezing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home