Tuesday, August 22, 2006

5ish - gerlinda

i did my "gruesome" 4.5m run around grant park this morning, and then i ran around for about 5-6 more minutes, trying to get in my 5 miles. i finished the 4.5 in 44 minutes, and i finished the total run in 50 minutes. i could feel, right from the start, that i was pushing the pace. i could tell, because when you push, there is less zoning out: your running mellow keeps getting harshed by thoughts of "this sucks" and "damn, i sound like a sleestack huffing up this hill" and "ok, at that telephone pole, i'll let myself walk for 10 seconds."

based on my time, i seriously have my doubts that i ran 5 full miles. but it was close to 5. and fast for me. and, it was out in the real world, with 1,000% humidity drenching my clothes in sweat even though the temperature was only in the 70's. still, i feel good about it. go, me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home