Monday, June 26, 2006

stretch & strengthen - gerlinda

ok - on HH's website, he gives links to several stretches & strengthening exercises. i suppose, down the line, it will be more important to do the stretches. But today, i skipped the stretches.

i did do some "strength" exercies. i did a version of this thing called 'the pyramid' that we used to do in boot camp. it goes like this: 1 pushup. 2 pushups. 3 pushups - all the way up to 10, and then back down to 1. And then we do it with tricep dips. Mountain Climbers. Situps. Whatever. My version went like this: 10 pushups. 11 pushups. 12 pushups - all the way up to 20. Then i did situps. Then tricep dips. I was planning to do 2nd sets where i went back down the other side of the pyramid...but my arms were literally, like, quivering and twitching - and i decided it was OK to not bother. If you do the math, that's 165 of each exercise (i think.) it'll be interesting to see if i can lift my coffee cup in the morning.

then i went out for vegetarian indian food with my best friends, rama & lauren, who are running the 1/2 marathon with me in virgina beach - and they made fun of our training blog!! they said i was getting too obsessive! ha. wait till they choke on my dust in virginia beach!

thanks for the tips & links abby. that one about marking your course miles with spray paint was inspired!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home